Wednesday, May 9, 2012

37 Weeks & 36 Years

I would have been 37 weeks pregnant today.  And Matt's birthday is today!  The joke/question while I was pregnant was whether Matt would be a father when he was 35 or 36.  Well, I would not have been surprised if you had told me in advance the girls would take the under ... I just didn't expect them to do it so emphatically.  

Hazel seemed much better today.  The antibiotics plus the caffeine must have kicked in.  Cathy, our nurse, said Hazel's blood work came back negative today, but we'd still need to wait until tomorrow to see if anything else popped up.  Fortunately her white blood count was coming up too.  Abby, though, seemed a bit more tired today than she did yesterday - I hope she didn't catch whatever it was that Hazel has.  Both girls really didn't feed too well with us today, though - my parents worked on the girls at the 2:30 feed without much luck, and I worked on both at 5:30 without much luck either.  


During lunchtime, St. Davids, March of Dimes, and Hand to Hold (a relatively new organization to help parents after leaving the NICU) hosted a mother's day lunch for NICU moms.  We headed over there before seeing the girls, and it was really nice, although it seemed like the attendance was rather sparse.  We met the executive director of HtH, named Kelli Kelley (seriously), who had a 24 weeker over 11 years ago, and decided to start this organization about two years ago.  We received a book from that group, plus a bag of goodies.  Probably my favorite gift were the onesies (from the MoD) - we got to pick out our favorite, which was tough!  I finally decided on two green ones that say "Early Bird" and "Couldn't Wait."  SO cute and SO soft.

Mom, Dad, and I spent the remainder of the afternoon in the NICU, with them holding the girls (and switching off, to make it equal).  I got some cute pictures.  After we left, we met Matt for dinner at Satay for his birthday and then went to Amy's for some birthday ice cream.  He then headed to the NICU to visit the girls and we headed back to the house to work on the nursery.  After multiple measurements and extensive discussion, we got the shelf up over Hazel's crib.  It looks great - but that picture I'll save for my 'before and after' post about the nursery.  :)

Pictures of the day:
Abby wearing the outfit I purchased for Matt for Christmas.  Perfect for his birthday, right?
She's either about to kung fu or do the cha-cha.
Hazel modeling a hat made by Aunt Toni's friend.


Abby wearing her hat.  SO cute

Hazel closeup, with a normal sized pacifier for perspective.
Abby modeling her flower outfit from Matthew & Megan.



Me & the grandparents at the Mother's Day luncheon.
 
The grandparents hard at work feeding the girls (Abby on the left, Hazel on the right).
The after meal nap for everyone.


0 comments:

Post a Comment