Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Carry Me Home, West Virginia

The weekend before Thanksgiving, I flew out to Baltimore to visit a college friend and go to the OU/West Virginia game in Morgantown.  It was my first overnight trip away from the girls ... as far as I could tell, though, they had an awesome Dad & Daughters weekend with Matt.  I handled it pretty well too, I think.  ;)


Pics from the weekend!
Jack and Kevin

Margie, Kevin, and Jack.  Such a good looking family!

At a rest stop on the way from MD to WV. All the foliage was gone due to Hurricane Sandy a few weeks before.
The Queen City Creamery in Cumberland, MD.  Awesome ice cream.

The WV stadium.

Across the street from the stadium.  Student housing?  ;)

The weight room could be seen from inside the stadium.  You
can see a few WV players stretching before the game.

Yes, we were there!  :)

Cool use of the panorama feature on the iPhone.

OU about to score a TD (I think).

We sat right behind the band.  This was our view, although the tuba players
did a great job of getting their instruments out of the way before a play. 
What an exciting game!  About mid-third quarter, I noticed our D was starting to get tired (hands on hips, classic).  And then the scoring melee began.  The teams traded scores, with OU getting a TD to go up 50-49 with only 24 seconds left.  Fortunately, our D was able to hold on in the last few seconds!  Of course, WV's WR/RB Tavon Austin had a career/school record rushing day (344 yards!!!!), and OU gave up the most yards in HISTORY (778).  But we still won!  That final TD was in the endzone near the OU fans, and as soon as it happened we all started jumping and high-fiving and hugging everyone around us.  Atmosphere like that is what makes me love college football!  Also, randomly, the guy sitting next to us happened to be good friends with my cousin Sammy.  Of course!  I think Sammy knows half of the state of Oklahoma.  ;)

Meanwhile, in Austin...pics from Matt of the girls:

Sharing a toy.

"What's up?"

"Sit back Abby, I've got a story..."
"So the priest looks to his left and says "the aristocrats!"

"Hahahahaha!"






0 comments:

Post a Comment